Instructions for GE Custom MVP VHF Exciter
By Kevin Custer W3KKC
Preliminary checks and adjustments;
1. Preset all coil slugs to the top of their forms.
2. All adjustments are with PTT keyed.
3. Crystal Frequency = Operating frequency / 12 (i.e. 146.64MHz = 12.22000 MHz XTAL)
4. Oscillator Measurements are made via black meter plug on exciter, connect negative lead of volt meter to ground.
5. Power Measurements are made with a Watt Meter connected to antenna jack with 50 ohm load.
|Step||Test Point||Tuning Control||Meter Reading||Procedure|
|1||Pin 2 (Mult-1)||L101, L102||See Procedure||Tune L101 then L102 for Maximum meter reading|
|2||Pin 2 (Mult-1)||L102||See Procedure||Adjust L102 1/8 of a turn counter clockwise|
|3||Pin 1 (Mult-2)||T102, T101 & T103||See Procedure||Tune T102 then T101 for Maximum meter reading, Tune T103 for a dip in the reading|
|4||Pin 3 (Mult-3)||T104, T103 & T105||See Procedure||Tune T104 then T103 for Maximum meter reading, Tune T105 for a dip in the reading|
|5||Pin 9 (Ampl-1)||T106 & T105||Maximum||Tune T106 then T105 for Maximum meter reading|
|6||Pin 6 (Power Out)||T107 & T108||Maximum||Tune T107 then T108 for Maximum meter reading, Twice|
|7||Watt Meter||T107 & T108||Maximum||Tune T107 then T107 for Maximum meter reading|
|8||Watt Meter||R8 on Power Block||30 - 35 Watts||Adjust R8 for 30 watts or desired power output level|
|9||Service Monitor or Frequency Counter||F1 on Channel element (ICOM)||On frequency||Adjust F1 until carrier output is on desired frequency|
Tuning locations for Custom MVP VHF exciter.
Original concept and picture by Matt Krick K3MK
HTML Copyright 2002 Kevin K. Custer W3KKC
All Rights Reserved.