Terms for purchasing a
Custom Built Motorola or GE Repeater
other information relating to the conversion.
No Duplexer or Power Supply is supplied with any repeater.
We will take the time to set-up for performance verification before modifications
are done, your radio or ours.
We require all of the money up front before I start work on your machine. US Postal Money Orders or Bank Cashier Checks preferred.
- We accept crdit card payments through Pay-Pal, however you must add 3%. Paypal charges us, so we pass it along. Sorry!!
- Our mailing address for payments and other correspondance is:
474 Barnett Road
Boswell, PA 15531
- Our Pay Pal address is:
Because we can't be certain how or what equipment you will be installing
your repeater on, and because we convert surplus radio equipment, we imply
no warranty. This means we guarantee the repeater will be in good
duplex working order when it leaves our shop, but we don't guarantee it
No manual is supplied. Basic tuning documentation may be available.
Extensive duplex information is supplied with each repeater.
If a controller is supplied and installed by us, the original manual will
be shipped to you with the repeater.
Fans on the PA heat sink are recommended for continuous duty.
We use an IFR-1200 A and/or HP 8920 Service Monitors and a Cushman CE-15
Spectrum Analyzer in verifying performance on our conversions.
The repeater will be tuned to the repeater frequencies and verified to
have no internal desense.
- Normally we recrystal the Elements/ICOMS ourselves using Bomar crystal inserts.
- If you are using a ham repeater in a building that remains temperature
constant, then the crystals we supply for in the Elements/ICOMS will do fine.
- If the radio is going to be used on Commercial Frequencies or
in a non-environmentally controlled building, we strongly suggest the use
of Elements/ICOMS that have been temperature compensated.
- We offer temperature compensation services through Bomar Crystal for an additional charge.
- If you provide us with elements/ICOMs on your frequency with your order, we will deduct $50 off of
the price of the conversion.
- It usually takes about 4 to 6 weeks to build your repeater after we receive your payment.
Construction times may be longer depending on pending orders.
- We add a flat-rate shipping charge of $30 for all orders. Shipping is via UPS Ground. Other shipping options are available.
- Shipping insurance is available at extra cost and is NOT included in the above stated shipping price.
Shipping charges are in addition to the price of the conversion.
Thanks for your interest in our custom built repeaters. Let
us know if we can help you out.
Scott @ (814) 444-9460
(Weekdays during normal business hours)
or email Scott at:
Copyright © 2001-2008 W3KKC
Last updated: 2/27/08 MSZ